We’ve all heard stories of computers being stolen and being found via some ingenious detective work when the criminal uses them for web browsing.
But what is they actually have brain cells and just wipe the drive and sell it on? GPS technology is pretty affordable so why not just use a GPS data puller to query it’s location?
Does anyone know of any GPS devices that allow this sort of thing?
Not practical? Pipe dream? What about something similar to GPS dog tracking collars?
Also, a computer does not ‘become a nice paper weight’ when the drive is wiped, all you have to do is install an OS or boot one form a CD.
There are plenty of remote control programs already but I’d like to avoid those in case someone were to get hold of your password for it. The only difference in that system is that the OS is stored on the motherboard.
MAC address? Nice try but that can actually be changed very easily with a single ifconfig command on all real operating systems.
WOW leveling guide
I’m still looking at hardware devices here, can anyone suggest any?
- My Macbook got stolen! Is there anyway i can track where it is or who has it? sing_4_evr asked: I’m just hoping that there is some sort...
- Is there a way to track gps navigations already in a vehicle versus buying a separate gps tracking device? sunshine_grin asked: They sell gps tracking devices for hundreds of...
- Should the Government track your movements and transactions? Gardenfoot asked: If you are not open to everyone you...
- How do I remove the loop cell phone GPS tracking device someone installed in my cell phone? Cincy G asked: My friend just had someone install some...
- Do the 2006 Dogde Ram 2500 Trucks have a device for locating if stolen (GPS; Low Jack)? Just Wondering?? asked: Do all the new 2006 Dodge Rams...
Filed Under Other - Hardware |